Friday, February 8, 2008

My first attempt at knitting...

I meant to post this a few months ago... oops! But thanks to good ol' Blogger they saved it for me so that I could post it when I was ready to. This should have been posted around February 9th as we met with my FAB (Favorite Aunt Bonnie) and her family on February 11th.

A week ago my Dad, Husband and I traveled to Bloomsburg to meet with my FAB and her family for our Christmas/Hanukkah gift exchange and to of course... EAT! It's always a lot of fun to see them and never for enough time!!! And this year was no exception. For my gift this year my FAB gave me everything I need to begin knitting. OMG!!!!!

So I had a little bit of time today during Lunch and decided to open my new knitting supplies and try it. I've been putting it off for the last week - not because I don't want to do it (honestly I can't wait to start) it's just that I know me - once I start something new I won't put it down! I have a baby shower for a friend to go to in 3 weeks and I'm making a counted cross stitch Baby Announcement for and I just know that if I had the knitting supplies at home that I'd be all over it and not working on my gift. So I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't bring my knitting home until the cross stitch was done and also not to make any other plans to make anything specific for anyone after this one because I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO KNIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment