Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Socks That Rock really do ROCK!!!


This is my latest addition to my ever growing stash of Sock Yarn. It's from Blue Moon Fiber Arts - Socks That Rock collection. The colorway is Alley-Oop. I've been lusting over their sock yarns for some time now. Lime & Violet RAVE about them constantly and I JUST HAD TO HAVE SOME TOO!!! Now that I have a hank in my clutches... what to do with it?? Take lots of pictures of it and CAST ON a pair of socks... but what socks? This yarn is just too dang beautiful to just make any ol' sock so the search began to find a worthy pattern. Well I didn't have to go far because I've been wanting to make Monkey socks for a while and what better time than now???? So cast on I did! Turns out that for some reason when I start a ribbing pattern (in this case it was [K1 tbl, p1] ) I knit VERY VERY TIGHTLY and after getting through the ribbing and one repeat of the pattern I've decided that it's too tight and I'm going to frog it and do a different ribbing and continue on.
See what I mean??? So that's what I'm gonna go do! I'll be back later with more blogging cuz I've got LOTS more to blog about but I wanna go play with my yarn and pointy sticks!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting color. I really like the way it knits up. If you have one you can use a larger size needle for the ribbing and then change to your regular size.
    Does this mean I have to post again?

    ReplyDelete