Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ron Weesley Sock #1

So I've had an idea in my head for a sock pattern. It wasn't too terribly difficult... probably has all ready "been done" by someone else but it hasn't been done by me. The thing about this sock is that I did it all - every last stitch from memory. I didn't have to look anything up in any of my books. I figured out what my original cast on stitch count should be by my gage of another sock using the same yarn and needle size and type. I am very proud of myself at this point.

So here you have it:
Yarn: Opal - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Colorway: Ron Weesley (#2354)
Needles: Knit Picks Size 1 (2.25mm) 32"
The basic pattern of this sock was: Rows 1-4: *K4P4* repeat - Rows 5-8: *P4K4*
I cast on 64 stitches - did K1P1 rib fora bout 10 rows then I started the pattern.
That's it - easy peasy!

Hard part: doing the second sock!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that sock!! I promise I am trying to get Rachel's foot measured, I can't find a stinking measuring tape (although I know I have one!!!).

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete