Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions . . . maybe not . . .

I haven't checked . . . but I may not have actually typed into this blog . . . but sometime about this time a year ago I told myself that I wanted to blog daily . . . even if it was just to say that it was raining instead of snowing or that LJ said something funny (which is usually a daily event). This year is going to be different. I don't think that I'll say that I'll post daily because there are very few things that I do every single day unless forced to (don't think I could go a whole day without going to the bathroom). But I will say that I WANT to post at least weekly - that being said I want to go no more than 7 days between posts. Sometimes that might be that I post every day and other times there may be a gap of 7 days between posts but I'm going to try really hard not to let it go more than the 7 days.

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about what I want my New Year's Resolution will be. I've come up with a few but knowing myself they will all have been thrown out the window by the end of January. Some of them include to stop picking at my toes (I'll spare you the gory details of that one), to stop biting my cuticles (I gave up biting my nails years ago but that was only because I began to bite my cuticles instead)- I've even gone so far as to pick at my cuticles with tweezers. I also thought of putting myself on a yarn diet but that just isn't going to happen. No matter how hard I try - I WILL come up with a plan to buy yarn so that it doesn't count against my yarn diet, I'm cleaver like that.

One resolution that I really really really do want to keep/accomplish this year is to clean out and organize my "front room". This is what used to be the front porch of my house that the previous owner enclosed to extend the inside living room space. I have been living in this house for 5+ years and there are still boxes of of stuff out there that haven't been fully unpacked yet. Notice I said unpacked - they have been gone through and rearranged and what not and a few things taken here and there but they have never been fully unpacked. Hubby keeps threatning to get a dumpster and just throw it all out as if we haven't used it in the 5+ years we've lived here then what the hell do we need it for???? He's right, he's so right but I just can't bare to just throw it out. I know that there are things out there that I want, things that have sentimental value to me and things that one day I just might NEED!!! This brings me to a new show that we've been watching called Horders on A&E. I don't want to become a hoarder. So, my resolution this year is to clean out the front room and get rid of stuff I don't want or need anymore or things that I've been holding on to because I just might need it someday. It's been 5+ years - it's time to let go - they are just things.

So there you have it. I am making 2 resolutions this year:

#1: Blog a lot more often.

#2: Clean out and organize my front room.

and I'm going to add one more:

#3: Use up as much of my stash as possible instead of buying new yarn. There I said it.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. And today would be January 26th. How's that resolution working out for ya? Notice I didn't say I would post more often. Good intentions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, here it is middle of June and I have yet to post since my "New Year's Resolution". Gotta luv it!

    ReplyDelete