Saturday, June 28, 2008

I finished my first hat!

So I went to my LYS on Tuesday night for the weekly Sit N' Knit hoping that I'd be able to jump right into making socks - because honestly that's why I really wanted to learn to knit. After talking with Joanne (she's awesome BTW) she suggested that I start on a baby hat first. It's kinda small but not as small as socks will be and I can try double pointed needles (I'm guessing the shorter name would be DPN's) - so I got to pick out a really cool yarn and away I went. It was basic knitting in the round for 4 inches before I'd need to decrease (didn't know how to do that just yet) so I left with "homework" to do. There is also a second SNK on Thursdays but it's in the morning... well this week I decided to tell my Boss (DAD) that I was going to take some personal time that morning and go. Afterall - he really couldn't say much - all the work I NEEDED to get done was done and all the afternoons that he takes my husband and goes golfing... I could have 2 hours! So I got to go - I learned to decrease (it was what I thought it was going to be and very easy). I finished the little hat last night and it is oh too cute! I don't really have anyone to give it to just yet - then again I may just hang on to it - after all it's my FIRST hat! I'll post pictures later. My camera's battery is dead and my charger is at the office.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Now all you need for socks is purl and picking up stitches. Neither hard especially as you seem to have found a great knitting group. Can't wait to see the picture. (If you want to knit a few more hats there are some sites for knitting preemie hats for charity).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There was this package on the porch Thursday and it had socks and dye in it!! Uncle Bob even got to do his favorite thing and shop (for a canner, squirt bottles and gloves) for the dying accessories.
    Want to come over and make some weird sock yarns?
    PS Thanks.

    ReplyDelete