Friday, July 25, 2008

Update Info July 2008 - in no particular order

OMG I have so much to update this blog on... so I just made the decision to blog about one thing at a time... so it may take me a couple of posts to get it all out but that's just going to have to do. And this will be my first!

This is only one of the things I am so excited about...

First some backstory...

When my FAB was here visiting last month she told me about podcasts. I had heard about them before but honestly I don't think I really "got it" as to what they are all about and how FANTASTIC they can be. Of course the one's that she told me about were knitting ones and they are so much fun to listen to. Thing is a lot of them have been podcasting for at least 2 years (or more!) and that is a lot to catch up on... but I'm trying! So basically I download the podcasts from itunes into my ipod and listen away. Every spare chance I get I'm listening to one... well except for in the morning while I'm in the shower because my brain is just not awake enough to comprehend what is being said... but any other time I'm listening away... even at work! I do a lot of typing and can listen and type at the same time - that being said I'm almost caught up on one podcast.

I've been wanting an additional ipod just for my podcasts so that I don't have to keep taking the one that I have with everywhere. I have a docking station for it in my bathroom so that I can listen to MY music while I'm in the shower and getting ready in the morning instead of listening to the same old same old on the radio. Since I've been listening to my podcasts wherever I go I usually leave my ipod somewhere where it isn't where I need it to be when I want to listen to it. ie: it's upstairs next to my bed and I'm downstairs ready (I'll leave it at that) to get in the shower - UGH! I've been watching woot! (if you don't know who or what that is check it out at WOOT! - it is awesome) for a refurbished ipod/mp3 player for a relatively low price. A few weeks ago there was a woot-off! and I had thought that I had gotten an 8G ipod shuffle... still dunno what happened but I didn't get it. Bummer! But YESTERDAY they had a 30G ipod 5th Generation and I wooted it and this time I'm sure that I got it!!! So sometime next week I'll get my new ipod and I can't wait!!!!

This way I can leave my regular ipod at home in the bathroom with ALL of my music on it to listen to while I'm in there and load just about everything else I own onto my new ipod that I'll take WITH me where ever I go.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! I am so far behind on the pod casts! Nice link.

    ReplyDelete