Friday, July 25, 2008

WAAAAAAAAA!!!! I WANT TO CRY!!!!

Before anyone feels the need to tell me how stupid I was and that I should have known better... I KNOW!!!! But it still doesn't make me feel any better.

I got out one of my old purses to put my knitting in. It was a knock-off " Kate Spade" silver case-like purse. I guess it would resemble a cross between a pilots case and a metal lunch box. It wasn't too big, actually it wasn't big enough for everything that I'd need to put in a purse but it was so darned cute I didn't dare get rid of it. I got it out because it would fit one skein of yarn and my double pointed needles (DPNs) which my first sock was being worked on and it all would be protected.

So tonight we went shopping with my MIL to look for patio furniture (her and us) and LJ wanted to carry something (DUH I know!) so I thought giving him my knitting case to carry around would be less damaging than if I had given him my purse (also small) with my digital camera, ipod and cell phone in case he dropped it. I was keeping a pretty good eye on him and actually piked it up a few times but when we got to dinner it hit me. WHERE WAS MY KNITTING CASE????? I got up and went back through the store (the pizzareia we were in is attached to the store we went to) - I looked everywhere - asked everyone I saw... no one had seen it... went back to the table... Hubby asked me if I checked one spot - I said no, I didn't - so he went to check for me and also did a sweep of the areas we were in - still didn't find it. After we ate my MIL, LJ and I all went back through a third time looking for it and checking with the staff and still no one had found it. I even went outside and looked around in all the shopping carts but still... no purse.

I figure that someone thought it might be a REAL Kate Spade and took it. We even looked around the parking lot thinking someone may have dumped the knitting (YIKES!!!) and just taken the purse but no... that didn't happen either. I did leave my name and number and description of the purse with the check out girl. Then as we were leaving after one more sweep I saw one of the ladies I was talking to about it and told her that it wasn't the purse that I cared about it was the knitting inside.

I'm not getting my hopes up - it's gone... it's my own fault.

On the brighter side I get to cast on a new sock! And I think I'll treat myself to a new skein of yarn to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment